Podcast: Raising Millions – An Interview with Erik Benson, MD @ Voyager Capital
TheFundingGuru_Erik_pt1 (Erik Benson Interview with the Funding Guru Part 1)
Today’s podcast is an interview with Erik Benson, an MD at Voyager Capital in the Pacific Northwest.
Erik takes us through a number of areas including:
- What makes Voyager Capital different than it’s peers in terms of the value it brings to it’s entrepreneurs. Come listen to find out about three key areas of value that Voyager delivers – keep an ear out for ‘GTM’, ‘HPT’ and “PEP’. (A blog first exclusive for The Funding Guru!)
- The kinds of companies Erik invests in and the types of companies he’s looking for…
- Erik also gives us some tips on how to get noticed by Venture Capitalists if you are NOT plugged into their advisory network or alumni group. Take a listen to get a tip that could help you with Voyager and most other VCs.
- One key sound bite is Erik believes its never too soon to met an entrepreneur – he lets you know how you can reach out to him in the podcast.
Could Voyager Capital be right for you?
Voyager tends to invest between $500K – $3m (first round)
- Commits in the range of $7m per investment
- And they are actively looking to find another 7-8 new companies to invest in with the current fund
Please consider joining the mailing list and we’ll keep you updated with when other great interviews like this come along. There are more lined up that you will NOT want to miss.
Thanks for your time Erik and thanks for your time listener!
Was this podcast helpful? Post a comment and let me know…
(Erik Benson Interview with the Funding Guru Part 2)
(Erik Benson Interview with the Funding Guru Part 3)
NOTE: Podcast music is called Rocket by Kevin Macleod